Schuele Paint has been Buffalo’s paint store since 1903.
Schuele Paint was first opened in 1903 by Otto and Albert Schuele. The two brothers began selling quality paint and glass on Ellicott Street before moving to the current 12 Summer Street location in 1922. Schuele has remained a locally owned independent store for well over a century.
Schuele grew over the 20th century to include branch stores in both Amherst and Clarence, offering Benjamin Moore products as well as advice on products and décor.
In 2012 the company expanded further by adding an Ace Hardware Store to the Summer Street flagship location. The hardware store was so well received by the neighborhood that Schuele was able to open a location combining both the Ace Hardware and Schuele Paint Stores on Abbott Road in South Buffalo in 2018.